Sunday, January 13, 2013
SWTOR Predictions For 2013
Now that I’ve completed the stroll of shame in regard to my two from 5 results level with my 2012 SWTOR predictions, I believed it absolutely was worthy of drawing with each other some predictions for that coming 12 months.
Aside from my handful of guesses, I have also bought some gems from my colleague Simon, so let us leap in.
1. A further restructure of this SWTOR crew at BioWare will take place with the initially 6 months of 2013
I do not think that the ructions are above at BioWare and i feel we’ll see a bunch more alterations in staffing. Not the standard churn of employees, some thing far more formal. You in no way know, the F2P shift may likely become successful sufficient to force the shift given that the staff grows. Or it may be the reverse.
2. Increase with the Hutt Cartel will probably be critically prosperous including a average commercial achieving success
There’s by now rather a lot of conjecture greater swtor credits than how considerable SWTOR’s initial expansion will undoubtedly be, but I’m simply being optimistic that it warrants the fee and that Makeb as promised are lots of new zones with a good deal to occupy. Story-wise I’m expecting it for being witnessed for a achievement, using a bump in participant quantities primary to some moderate industrial victory in addition.
3. There'll be no guild ships through 2013
Sorry, cannot see it occurring - around we’d all love it.
4. Reduction of oceanic servers
At highest quality I believe we’ll finish up with one particular native server but i will not be amazed if we lose the lot. If ROTHC is profitable that will prevent the closure, so here’s hoping.
5. A whole lot more players compared to the thirty day period once start
This time upcoming 12 months I believe that SWTOR will nonetheless be close to and may have additional gamers than it did at its peak from the month of two right after start in December 2011. The new subscription product will likely have had loads to attempt with it, but I’m hopeful the material updates and bug fixes will carry on to be routine and create SWTOR for a longer-term MMO with the space.
Hmm… my crystal Loss of life Star (Mk one) proposed the following in advance of it blew a hole with the Alderaan poster over the opposite wall and frightened the neighbour’s cat so seriously it professional both explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting for the identical time (so you thought dianogas ended up poor):
1. Subscriber grumbling about needing to fork out anything at all for the Makeb enlargement the moment absolutely everyone emerges from their turkey coma.
2. First rate player retention from F2P with a lot better than projected earnings through the Cartel Current market. There will be no sub or player quantities brought up in any future earnings simply call, as you can imagine (but that’s natural following a title goes F2P).
3. New maps for existing Warzones mid to late 2013 (just a hunch)
4. GLBT romance arcs will keep on to be conveniently forgotten (you can ask all you want, they’ll rarely tell)
5. Gradual boost in amount and top quality of written content inside game updates as EA/BW see uptick in profitability and player-base steadiness, and confidence inside product’s potential steadily strengthens.
More information at http://www.tonypl.com/